Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Tattenhall, Cheshire (UK)
Application Closing Date: 29/10/2021
Employment Start Date:
Drivers License Required: No
Job Reference: SDE03
We are Blue Chip Technology, an Employee Owned company.
We design and manufacture innovative embedded solutions, guided by our values of Visibility, Simplicity, Trust and Fairness.
Due to continued growth we are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer, to complement our development team, who is passionate about technology. As a member of the team you will be involved in the full project lifecycle and will get involved in many different technologies from both hardware and software perspectives.
As an embedded software engineer you will:
- Work alongside Electronic Engineers and Mechanical Engineers to design, debug, verify and validate single board computers and other embedded electronics.
- Support new hardware with Linux and Android operating systems
- Develop microcontroller firmware
- Develop proof of concepts for prospective customers. e.g. https://www.bluechiptechnology.com/news/mlx90640-thermal-camera-demo-with-the-blue-chip-technology-beta-hmi-platform/
- Develop test software for use in our manufacturing process.
- Support customers with complex issues relating to our products.
An upper second-class (2:1) degree or above in a relevant discipline such as Computing, Software Engineering or Electronics.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent grasp of C/C++ programming.
- Basic understanding of electronic circuits.
Some experience of:
- Linux kernel configuration (Devicetree)
- Linux kernel device drivers
- Linux root file systems
Any experience with WIN32 API, C# .NET, Java, RTOS, Microcontrollers, PC BIOS development, UEFI would be beneficial.
The benefits of working for us include:
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 days after 2 years service) + bank holidays
- A working pattern where 10 days are compressed into 9 providing every alternate Friday off.
- The ability to work from home according to our WFH policy.
- Private medical insurance.
- Profit related bonus.