An enclosure is available for the RE2. Please see below for photographs of the enclosure with a RE2 fitted.
Note that the enclosure supports a variety of additional connectors (RS232/422/485, SMA for Wifi/BT, 3G, GPS, etc). Please tell us your required connections and we will be happy to quote for the RE2 fitted in the enclosure and wired to your needs.
RE Enclosure Front View
RE Enclosure Rear View
RE Enclosure Side View
We have included some of the popular questions and answers here to help new users:
- Question: How can I set up the video timings to match my LCD?
- Answer: Our RE2 has a unique utility which you can easily set up the video timings to match your chosen LCD. The utility allows you to set the resolution, dot clock speed, front, back porches, vertical and horizontal sync polarities and widths. To our knowledge there is not a better (nor easier) way to set up the video on a single board computer.
- Question: How can I set up a custom splash screen for my display?
- Answer: Our RE2 has a unique utility which you can easily set up your chosen splash screen in just a couple of clicks of your mouse. It will even scale most images to match your LCD resolution.
- Question: Can the RE operate at processor speeds other than 1GHz?
- Answer: Yes, we provide a utility (for Windows CE/EC) that enables you to run the RE2 processor speed at lower speeds should you wish. For other operating systems we can provide details how to vary the processor speed.
- Question: Is the RE2 Wifi and Bluetooth approved to R&TTE?
- Answer: Yes. We have had the RE2 and recommended antenna tested to R&TTE. provided that you follow our recommendations then your product could benefit from our testing.
- Question: Can you supply RE2s with parts removed if we do not need them (e.g. Camera, Wifi, etc)
- Answer: Yes. We can. Provided that you place an order for at least 100 units then we will set up our Surface Mount Machines to place the components to your requirements. Also we will need to check that the components that you do not want to be fitted do not adversely affect our test rigs.
- Question: What operating systems do you support on the RE2?
- Answer: We currently support Windows CE 6.0 R3, Windows EC7, Ubuntu Linux and we have beta versions of Android in progress.14.04 LTS.
- Question: Is there an extended temperature version of the RE2 available?
- Answer: Yes there is. It has an operating temperature specification of -40 to +85 degrees centigrade. The standard temperature range is 0 to 70 degrees centigrade.
Example Part Number: RE2-SBC-OMAP-1Gz-TE-O3-U1-L710-M1-E0-P1-B1-D0
T[x] Temperature: 0°C to 70°C: S, -40°C to +85°C: E
O[x] Operating System: CE6: 1, EC7: 2, Linux Ubuntu: 3, Linux Bootloader: 4, Custom Image: 5
U[x] uSD Card Size: 8GB: 1, Not Required: 0
L[xxx] TFT LCD Size: 3.5″: 350, 4.3″: 430, 5.7″: 570, 7.1″: 710, 10.1″: 101, 12.1″: 121, Not Required: 000
M[x] Mounting Metalwork Required (350, 430, 570, 710 only): 1, Not Required: 0
E[x] Add on Module: CM1: 1, VIP: 2, Not Required: 0
P[x] Power Supply Required: 1, Screw Terminal Connection (No Power Supply): 2, No Power Supply: 0,
B[x] Battery Cell via On Board Header: 1, No Battery Required: 0D[x]CD Required: 1, Not Required: 0