NXP iMX6 Single Core Processor
256MB, 512MB or 1GB of Low Power DDR3 memory
MicroSD or eMMC storage devices
Wifi & Bluetooth is an option
Up to 60 GPIO lines with selectable 1.8 or 3.3 voltage levels
Standard or Wide operating temperature ranges
Android 4.4.3 and Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS operating systems supported
Full source code available for supported operating systems
Tiny module measuring just 42mm x 30mm x 5.3mm
TM1 – Internet of Things Module
NXP iMX6 Single Core Processor
- Additional Information
- Request a Quote
- Product Drawings
- Ordering Information
- Documentation & Software
- Q & A
- Block Diagram
Our TM1 offers high performance, long life, low power consumption and low cost in a tiny module.
The TM1 features a NXP iMX6 ARM Cortex A9 processing core with a flexible clocking scheme from 24MHz up to 1GHz. This flexibility makes the TM1 suitable for running high level operating systems like Ubuntu Linux and Android Lollipop, or running bare metal applications that only require lower performance and the lowest power consumption.
Maximising battery life and reducing standby power requirements are often important requirements for a processor module. The TM1 is designed to operate from a 2.9 volts to 3.3. volt power supply making it ideally suited for battery operation. Dynamic frequency and voltage scaling (DVFS) are supported on the module to reduce power consumption wherever possible. TM1 also supports ultra low power states while retaining its memory contents.
The TM1 is designed to be low cost and be a true embedded platform with long life. TM1 uses a single high reliability connector to connect to your host board. The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is implemented to reduce the cost of R&TTE testing. Typically only a four layer PCB is required for the host board thereby keeping the cost of your product as low as possible.
The TM1 uses the NXP iMX6 processor which has a very long life. We guarantee that the TM1 module family will be available for at least 10 years.
Small Form Factor
Measuring just 42mm x 30mm x 5.3 mm the TM1 is incredibly small and easy to integrate into the tightest enclosures.
The TM1 is ideal for today and tomorrow’s product designs. It provides Wifi (802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4Ghz & 5GHz), Bluetooth (4.1, BLE 4.0) and Ethernet together with an array of LCD, UART, USB Device, USB Host, SPI, I2C, SDIO, camera,I2S, S/PDIF and GPIO interfaces.
The TM1 excels in headless (no display) and LCD applications. If you are interested in the TM1 together with an LCD and bezel please check out our range of host boards and LCDs for the TM1 here…..
ARM Cortex A9 – Single Core
1GB, 256MB, 512MB
UART * 4 up to 4MHz
Up to 60 Inputs/Outputs
RGB CMOS/TTL 18 bit with PWM backlight control
MicroSD, eMMC 8GB, eMMC 4GB
2.9 volts to 3.3 volts DC
-40 to 85 Degrees Centigrade, 0 to 70 Degrees Centigrade
Example Part Number: BE432H-iMX6-1GHz-SR-MB3-EM4-TS-W1-P1-CB2
MB[x] Memory Size 256MB: 1, 512MB: 2, 1GB: 3
EM[x] eMMC Size: 4GB: 4, 8GB: 8, Not Required: 0
T[x] Temperature Range: 0°C to 50°C: S, -20°C-+60°C: E
W[x] WiFi / Bluetooth Required: 1, Not Required: 0
TM1 User Technical Guide – coming soon
TM1 3D Model – coming soon
- Question: Can the peripheral interfaces be changed on the the TM1?
- Answer: Yes please see the outline on page four of the datasheet for an introduction. Most of the peripheral pins have several other options that can be selected through software.
- Question: What development boards do you provide for development based on the TM1?
- Answer: Please see our HB5, HB6, HB7 and HB8 which are Host Boards (hence HBx) designed for the TM series of processor modules. We also combine the HB and TM boards into products with LCDs and bezel in our Beta range of products.
- Question: What is the manufacturing life of the TM1?
- Answer: The TM1 is based on the NXP iMX6 system on chip. The stated life for the iMX6 is at least 10 years from launch.
- Question: How can we design our own host board for our new product based on the TM1?
- Answer: One of our key goals was to design the TM1 so that it is as easy as possible to design a product. As stated above we have already designed several boards for the TM1 and, subject to signing a mutual none disclosure agreement, we can provide the schematics for the HB5 to help you start your design as quickly as possible. We use Altium for our ECAD system. We can either supply Altium files or pdf files.
- Question: Can you provide a custom design service if we choose not to design in house?
- Answer: Yes. We can. We can also manufacture and test your complete product for you and provide a warranty.
- Question: What operating systems do you support on the TM1?
- Answer: We currently support Android 4.4.3 and Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS. More operating systems will be released later in the year.
- Question: Which operating system do you recommend we use with Beta?
- Answer: It really depends on your experience and what you are trying to achieve. Android is very good in that it has an established development environment (using Java) and the development cycle can be fast and there are many programmers who are experienced with this platform. We provide our own API to provide access to all the interfaces that Android does not normally support (ever seen an RS232, RS485, I2C or Ethernet port on a mobile phone?) to make as easy possible for you. Linux does not have the constraints of Android in that you incredible freedom to create your unique development environment and tools. If you have the necessary experience then Linux can be a great basis for a new product design and Ubuntu is one of the most popular flavours.