- Passive Backplane architecture provides performance and long life
- PCI & PCI Express support. ISA support still available for legacy support
- 3 x 3.5 inch and 3 x 5.25 inch hard drive bays
- Intel 13, i5 and i7 processor options
- Extended operating temperature ranges and peltier cooling
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LS0H) designs for rail applications
- System redundancy options include PSU, RAID and hot swap caddies
- Branding options
- Warranty options and long term spares management keeps your investment live for the long term
- Rackmount or benchtop options
Ultima 4U – Rack & Bench Mount Industrial Computer
The Ultima 4U is a premium, semi-customisable chassis for applications requiring a superior industrial platform.
The Ultima 19″ 4U rackmount computer is a stainless steel industrial chassis offering PICMG single board computer configurations. Our passive backplane architecture supports a longer product life, easier upgrades, extended operating temperatures and the ability to support a greater number and combination of ISA / PCI /PCI express expansion slots (up to 14 in a 4U rackmount computer system) .
The lockable front panel sealed to IP54 is equipped with up to three 5.25 externally accessible drive bays and one floppy with hot swap caddy options. A further two 3.5 inch drive bays are internally situated. Two USB 2.0 ports and the Power/Reset button are also located here for security with easy access. The 4U rackmount computer system status LEDs are fully visible through the panel. The system interior features card support guides and clamps, shock mounted drive bay cages. The plug-in fan option and top cover facilitate unit configuration, installation and maintenance. The unit also supports CPU diagnostics, which monitor internal temperatures and voltage rails – this can be further enhanced by the addition of a system watchdog card.
Designed and manufactured in the UK – the 4U rackmount computer chassis can be adapted to accommodate specific customer requirements. Ultima can be specified for enhanced system redundancy, extended operating temperatures, intensive processing and industry specific regulations. Whether you work in an industrial control, aerospace, communications or transportation environment, Blue Chip Technology has over 20 years experience in designing and manufacturing custom system and board solutions across these sectors.